Keeping you and our Building Heroes safe
The safety of you and our teams is of utmost importance to us. We are working hard to respond and adapt to Government guidelines to provide you with the very best service and support. As military veterans our Building Heroes are trained to deal with a crisis and we will get through Coronavirus, together.
A message to our Customers and our Staff
You’ll have seen that the Government has announced a new 4-week national lockdown in England from Thursday, December 2nd. As a result, we are clarifying our position to our customers, call handlers and tradespeople. The latest Government advice can be read here.
Across the next few days and weeks, our number one priority is to keep our customers and colleagues safe. We understand how important it is to work safely and support our workers’ and customers’ health and wellbeing during the Covid-19 pandemic and not contribute to the spread of the virus.
We will only attend your home if it is safe for both you and our operatives. We will do this by maintaining the highest level of PPE, remain committed to social distancing and leave your home clear of any waste and surfaces cleansed.
In return, we ask that you please maintain social distancing and let us know if there is anyone who is vulnerable in the household.
Can a tradesperson still work in my home during Covid-19?
We are currently adhering to Government guidelines that allow a tradesperson to work providing they or anyone in their household are not displaying any symptoms of Coronavirus. In accordance with social distancing rules, our tradespeople should be able to stand 2m apart from anyone in the home at all times.
A tradesperson is not permitted to enter your home to work if:
- You or anyone in your household is self-isolating
- you or anyone in your household is identified as vulnerable and being protected
- you live in an area of high risk or very high risk and you have six people or more in your household
Exceptions can be made where work is to resolve a direct risk to the safety of the household.
How we are working to keep you safe?
- Our job handlers will ensure that you or anyone in your household is not displaying any symptoms of coronavirus before our Building Hero arrives.
- We will ask you to disclose whether you are vulnerable or self-isolating so that we can ensure extra protective measures are in place for all parties.
- Pricing is agreed prior to starting any work and payment is taken over the phone before the tradesperson arrives to ensure you don’t have to exchange cash or handle card payments.
- If you are able, we ask you to clear rooms and move furniture and furnishings to minimise the contact our tradespeople have with items in your home.
- Our tradespeople will arrive with hand sanitiser, masks and tissues. We do ask that you make handwashing facilities available for them.
- We ask all parties to respect social distancing boundaries at all times.
- If possible, windows should be open, letting fresh air circulate.
Remember Hands, Face, Space
- Hands: wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds
- Face: wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- Space: stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors)
To our Building Heroes working during lockdown
- We will provide clear, consistent and regular communication to improve understanding and consistency of ways of working
- Site guidance on social distancing and hygiene will be explained to customers on arrival – this will also have been completed by the call handler before accepting the job
- There is growing evidence that wearing a face covering in an enclosed space helps protect individuals and those around them from COVID-19. A face covering can be very simple and may be worn in enclosed spaces where social distancing isn’t possible. We recommend the use of face masks at all times.
- Your safety equipment can include items such as safety helmets, gloves, eye protection, high-visibility clothing, safety footwear and safety harnesses.
- Maintain social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable), wherever possible, including arriving at and departing from work and while in work
- Ensure hand washing upon arrival
- Avoid sharing pens, documents and or other objects
- Provide hand sanitiser
- Ensure frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly including buckets, site equipment and control panels
- Ensure there are adequate disposal arrangements for cleaning products and removing waste and belongings from the work area at the end of the work
- Sanitise all hand tools, controls, machinery and equipment after use
- Regularly clean vehicles that our tradespeople use
Thank you for reading. Stay Safe.